janet's journey

I thought it time that I actually wrote down my thoughts, dreams, and hopes. Perhaps share some of what I've learned. Maybe someone will be encouraged, comforted (Life is better in community), or just amused.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States

Friday, August 26, 2011

Sufficient Grace

You read posts here, or on Facebook, about my ongoing work toward personal wellness and struggles with medication. Now I am going to do what I am asking my doctor to do - call it what it is. I am diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disease called chronic sclerosing sialadenitis IgG4-related (Kuttner's tumor). It has made for a more than interesting year. The thing is, my dear doctor is not giving me a full picture of my prognosis. I know that anything is possible with God. I can be fully healed and have a complete restoration of my immune system and related factors. Yet, she won't give me a 'worse-case scenario' to take to God. I need to be given an opportunity to embrace whatever God is doing in me. Is this going away, or is there some more important spiritual work that God is doing in me? The Apostle Paul had a thorn in his flesh that he asked God three times to remove. Finally, God said," My grace is sufficient for you." Maybe God is deliberately keeping this information from me. I love information. I feel like I can get a handle on things when I have information. Oh-oh. That may be my problem. If I, then I, I can...
With no information, I must trust God. Do I believe Him? Do I really believe that He loves me? My physical strength has diminished, so that I now must trust God to send appropriate help when I need it. Do I believe that His Word is true? He promised that He shall supply all my need according to His riches in glory. Hmmm. Faith is the substance of things hoped for (not demanded: my parenthesis),the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1 (KJV). ...the just shall live his faith. Habakkuk2:4 and Hebrews 10:38. I see now. I must embrace exactly what God has given me and trust Him completely to complete me as He sees best. Truly, His grace is sufficient for me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home