janet's journey

I thought it time that I actually wrote down my thoughts, dreams, and hopes. Perhaps share some of what I've learned. Maybe someone will be encouraged, comforted (Life is better in community), or just amused.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Overwhelmed by His Grace

The statistics and social commentary can be overwhelmingly dire and gloomy.

African-American male from
never-married mom, with
multiple developmental hurdles, and
challenging financial status.

The social scientists and politicians call him at-risk, most likely to commit crime, drop out of school, and end up in prison.

The state testing boards declared that he and his peers would fail the FCAT, state testing, miserably.

He didn't. This young man scored above the state and district average in both Reading and Math.

He's intellectually gifted and loves to read.
He's enrolled in the magnet program for Gifted and Technology studies. 
He's never been suspended, expelled, or retained. 


God says that my son is of
a royal priesthood, and 
a holy nation, and
God's special possession.


I am constantly overwhelmed by His Grace in Benjamin's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home