janet's journey

I thought it time that I actually wrote down my thoughts, dreams, and hopes. Perhaps share some of what I've learned. Maybe someone will be encouraged, comforted (Life is better in community), or just amused.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Defining Necessity

The first time that I saw this picture was during last year's Christmas season. It made me stop. Look.  Repent. of  pettiness. discontent. greed. whining.
Recently I spent time with a dear friend who taught me more about truly trusting God and waiting patiently for Him.
My dear friend has had a journey very similar to a man named Job. This sweet lady is a single mom with 3 kids, two still at home. Then her eldest got blamed for things he didn't do and is doing a Joseph. Meantime, this precious mom who still had damage from a couple of nasty storms a few years ago, had to boil water on her stove so the kids could bathe. The hot water heater was cold, doors not working properly, roof needing replacement, and she was injured from a car accident. Money was not there. All the while she shared what she did have with who needed it. Her gift, cooking. The woman can really cook! She also has a spirit of praise that was loud and clear. This Sister kept calling God and looking to Him. As she did so, applications for aid were filled out and put on very long waiting lists. Still the praises rang out. Sister-friend attended many praise events, not deliverance meetings, praise events so she can worship and praise the God that she had put her trust in. This went on for about 2 years. I am embarrassed that I complained to God that I didn't heal up in 6 weeks. A few days ago, all of the agencies got together, pooled their resources and put my dear friend at the top of their list for help. New doors, new windows, hot water heater, new roof, cabinet repair, and maybe more. She really preached to me about waiting patiently for God. I really needed that sermon. One of the things I'm most touched by, is the fact that she didn't go out and drag some guy in to be her savior. She trusted and continues to trust The Savior Jesus Christ.
    Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Oh, to trust Him like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home