janet's journey

I thought it time that I actually wrote down my thoughts, dreams, and hopes. Perhaps share some of what I've learned. Maybe someone will be encouraged, comforted (Life is better in community), or just amused.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Second Cup of Coffee pt 5



Promises
Psa 68:4 4 Sing to God, sing in praise of his name,
   extol him who rides on the clouds[
a];
   rejoice before him—his name is the LORD
Psa 68:5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
   is God in his holy dwelling.
Psa 68:6 God sets the lonely in families,[a]
   he leads out the prisoners with singing;
   but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
Psa 10:14 But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted;
   you consider their grief and take it in hand.
The victims commit themselves to you;
   you are the helper of the fatherless.

Psalm 10:17-18
17 You, LORD, hear the desire of the afflicted;
   you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,
18 defending the fatherless and the oppressed,
   so that mere earthly mortals
   will never again strike terror.

Psa 146:9 The LORD watches over the foreigner
   and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
   but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

      While the voices of the culture scream loudly in our ears, it’s easy to miss God’s promises. According to Psalm 68:4 – 6, we who give our lives to Jesus have every right to praise God. Single-parenthood does not exclude us. The fifth verse refers to widows. When it became clear that my dreams of marriage had to be buried, I felt like a widow. When the prince of my dreams turned out to be a ghost, grief closed in on me. God promises to look after my son and me. He promises to be my son’s father. God impressed on my heart that He will teach Ben and that He will provide for our every need. We can praise Him for it. God has promised to watch over us. We can trust him. He will never lie to us, hit us, or cheat on us. We will never have to get a blood test, or sue for support. God has got your back. God can be trusted.


Isn’t that refreshing?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home