janet's journey

I thought it time that I actually wrote down my thoughts, dreams, and hopes. Perhaps share some of what I've learned. Maybe someone will be encouraged, comforted (Life is better in community), or just amused.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Second Cup of Coffee pt2


they said”: gossip, rumors, and slander

But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Now early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people came to Him, and He sat down and taught them. Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?”
John 8:3 –5 NKJV

      In this portion of Scripture, the woman has been brought before Jesus while He was teaching. First of all, where was the man in this scene? Secondly, why so public? I remember when word got out that I was pregnant. It was the people in the congregation that started the accusations and rumors. I was so hurt. I couldn’t believe the rumors and lies about my sincerity before God and foundation of my character. Then God began to help me realize that this wasn’t all about me. It took time, but God helped me to recognize the ‘angels” and true witnesses that He sent to my aide. My self-esteem was battered. I had to press my way back into church. God shielded me from further verbal stabbings and the healing began.
        You see, those psuedo-religious people were after Jesus. The woman was a handy tool or excuse. These people were full of their own sin and wanted to test Jesus. Jesus was in the habit of showing up the shortcomings of those who like to think of themselves as without fault. As we keep reading, we will see that Jesus knows all hearts.
        Those rumors and nasty stories are not about you.

How’s your cup?








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home