janet's journey

I thought it time that I actually wrote down my thoughts, dreams, and hopes. Perhaps share some of what I've learned. Maybe someone will be encouraged, comforted (Life is better in community), or just amused.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fruit

A dear young lady recently left a lucrative position to go into missions.Some would find that silly and unnecessary. Perhaps even dangerous. However, I've known this sweet young bride and her family since she was in high school. I know that they prayed long and hard before she made the leap of faith. I will call her Angel for this blog. The results of her decision: overflowing joy and peace. Scripture says 'by their fruit you shall know them.' Unlike Abraham, Angel didn't have her family and support staff to go with her. Unlike Noah, she wasn't given natural means of support in full before the trip. However, like Peter, she got out of the boat because Jesus said "Come". Another dear friend heard the call to "Come", and went. I will call her Destiny. Destiny had to rid of herself of all natural encumbrance and just go. No further direction was given. Her decision to obey God in this meant enduring rejection and great risk to 'reputation'. She chose the Lord. The result; joy unspeakable and full of glory unto God. Destiny is more at peace than she has been in years. I rejoice with her. Both these ladies enjoy favor with God. He has opened doors for them that can't be documented on a resume' or tax form. But the fruit is there.
When Jesus says that " by their fruit you shall know them", I think He meant the same fruit noted in Galatians 5:22.But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.
The economy of Jesus does not measure or note our faithfulness by our bank accounts, professional positions, community status, or neighborhood address. Even our intellectual prowess is left out of the equations. Don't get me wrong. I am so grateful for a nice home, and warm clothes. I am happy to have the ability to choose what I want to eat. Praise God. However, at the end of the day I must be able to face God and deal with whether or not I answered the call of God to obedience. Did I dismiss His call to a particular action as crazy, won't-pay-the-bills, or 'what will my associates and family think'? So many of us presume that we are supposed live life according to what the world defines as appropriate. Well, maybe those ideas are appropriate. I'd rather be more obedient in the new year. I want to be one to whom Jesus says" well done thou good and faithful servant."   
Angel and Destiny are producing good fruit, reflecting the nature of God's creativity and divine order. Their notes and letters overflow with rejoicing, peace, and testimony of delighting in the God of immeasurable delight and surprises. I've seen pictures of Angel and the gentleness of God coming through her to small children in an impoverished country. How sweet to follow Jesus! 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus! Just to take Him at His Word. Just to rest upon His promise. Just to know thus said the Lord! ~Luisa Stead,William Kirkpatrick

Happy New Year

1 Comments:

Blogger Kam said...

Nice work cousin!

January 5, 2012 at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home