janet's journey

I thought it time that I actually wrote down my thoughts, dreams, and hopes. Perhaps share some of what I've learned. Maybe someone will be encouraged, comforted (Life is better in community), or just amused.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Blessings

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise
- Laura Story "Blessings"
A friend recently posted the video of the above song on my Facebook page. It is a very touching song. So often we pray and try to anticipate how God is going to answer. I know that I have been guilty of treating God like Santa Clause, following my wishes. Or maybe as some SugarDaddy/CandyMan, here to make my life all sweet and easy. The thing is, that life in Jesus is sweet. He has His way of blessing us in ways that draw closer to Himself. The Apostle Paul points out that today's troubles don't come close to the amazing glory that we find in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:18
  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
http://youtu.be/1CSVqHcdhXQ
Please take a listen. This artist says it all better than I could. I just wanted to share a current blessing with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home